Skip to main content

Java Enterprise

The Java Enterprise Community on java.net is a new gathering place for developers working with Java Enterprise Edition (EE) technologies. Here, you can immerse yourself in a thriving community of developers and technology experts and find people with similar interests to help with your own open-source projects. Check back often to find the latest project/community news!

Community News & Announcements

Considering submitting a new project in the Enterprise Community?
[Posted Sep 19, 2011]

Read the questions that enterprise leaders ask you, after you have submitted a new project request. This will help community leaders approve your projects quicker.

Need some BluePrints to help in your design work?
[Posted Sep 19, 2011]

The J2EE BluePrints formalize best practices, guidelines and applications for designing enterprise applications and web services using Java technologies.

New to the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) platform?
[Posted Sep 19, 2011]

Read this short document to get started in no time!

Latest from our Bloggers

Mojarra 2.3.0 Milestone 2 has been released!
posted by mriem on Apr 9, 2015
The JavaEE 8 process is underway and JSF 2.3 is making progress. We have just released our 2nd milestone. See https://javaserverfaces.java.net/2.3/...
Maps and markers, the Magnolia way: the Google Places module
posted by rah003 on Apr 7, 2015
After a short hiatus from blogging, I’d like to show you something exciting today. I can’t take the credit for all of the work - the development was...
JavaLand 2015 Wrap-Up
posted by edburns on Mar 30, 2015
JavaLand 2015 Wrap Up After months of preparation, it all came down to three days of intense execution, and I was just one speaker. I can only...
MVC vs JSF a bit of a different perspective
posted by mriem on Mar 13, 2015
Now that both JSRs are in full swing I am going to offer you all a bit of a different perspective between the 2 technologies. As I have stated...
The Elephant In The Cloud
posted by timboudreau on Mar 8, 2015
Imagine if, for example, the hypervisors that run EC2 were compromised - imagine almost every business you deal with online compromised, all at once...

Java Enterprise on Twitter

Java Enterprise on the Web

Some Rights Reserved JSF 2.2 Tip of the Day: p:passthrough and How to use it
I was asking my team to go through their JSF pages, and to update the XML namespaces to use the...
Some Rights Reserved Customizing Blogger
IntroductionI want to start by blaming Markus Eisele for my misadventures. I was looking...
Some Rights Reserved A Simple Method to invoke @PreDestroy on a Class
I was experimenting with how to invoke a @PreDestroy annotated method in a class. This will...
Some Rights Reserved JSF 2.x Tip of the Day: Implementing a ViewMapListener
A map of the lands where the Trobadors flourished. "France 1154-en" by Reigen -...