Skip to main content

Java Desktop

Welcome to JavaDesktop, a gathering place for members of the Java™ platform's graphical user interface (GUI) community. Here you'll find news, discussions, technical articles, and open source projects that use the Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE™) APIs to produce applications with rich client interfaces. (If you're looking for information on the Sun Java Desktop System, you can find it at sun.com.)

GetJava Button Spread the word! Hosting the Get Java Software Button shows your support for the Java platform and helps users download the latest version. How to do it...
We want to hear from you! Please feel to contact us with comments, suggestions, product announcements, pretty much anything you have on your mind related to Java on the desktop:

Community News & Announcements

At the present time there are no announcements, but please check back again soon for new content.

Latest from our Bloggers

BDD Requirements Management with JBehave, Thucydides and JIRA – Part 1
posted by johnsmart on Jul 10, 2014
Defaults in Java EE 7 (Tech Tip #37)
posted by arungupta on Jul 10, 2014
Java EE 7 platform added a few new specifications to the platform: Java API for WebSocket 1.0 Batch Applications for Java 1.0 Java API for JSON...
Java Generics III - Bounds and Wildcards
posted by hellofadude on Jul 10, 2014
In part two of this series, I demonstrated the effect of erasure on type parameters within the body of a class. I used examples to show how type...
Sponsor Apache or Buy Subscription from Vendor that sell Apache
posted by fthamura on Jul 9, 2014
This year, more more apache based company, I mean that a company that repackage, retest or make a bundle of Apache product, selling product in...
Markus Eisele joining Red Hat JBoss Middleware
posted by arungupta on Jul 8, 2014
Markus Eisele is a Java Champion, Oracle ACE Director, Java EE Expert Group member, Java community leader of German DOAG, founder of JavaLand, ...

Java Desktop on Twitter

Java Desktop on the Web

Book Review: JavaFX 8 -- Introduction by Example
JavaFX 8: Introduction by Example is the book that you absolutely must get hold of if you're...
Dev of the Week: James Betteley
Every week here and in our newsletter, we feature a new developer/blogger from the DZone...
The Best of DZone: July 1 - 8
If you missed anything on DZone this week, now's your chance to catch up! Below are the most...
DZone Weekly Link Round-up (July 9)
News Spark Labs Raises $4.9 Million For An Internet Of Things OS   Spark Labs developed an...
Hibernate Identity, Sequence and Table (Sequence) Generator
Introduction In my previous post I talked about different database identifier strategies. This...